Starting date: May 1, 2020 (or as soon as possible)
Location: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Duration: 2 years
Salary: consistent with NIH guidelines
Application deadline: no formal deadline until the position is filled (applications will be reviewed on a regular basis)
North Carolina State University and Duke University invite applications for a full-time postdoctoral fellow to conduct research on causal inference and analytic methods for integrating data from multiple sources.
The position will be based in the Department of Statistics at NC-State and will be jointly supervised by Dr. Shu Yang (Statistics, NC-State) and Dr. Xiaofei Wang (Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Duke). The project is funded by a NIH R01 grant with investigators from NC-State, Duke and Stanford. The focus of this project is on developing methods combining clinical trials and real-world evidences studies for better treatment effect evaluation, with applications to cancer treatment in elderly patient population and other rare patient populations. The task involves methods and theory development and applications. To forge a closer collaboration with statistical and medical investigators, the successful applicant will be assigned offices in NC-State and Duke and will spend time at both institutes.
We expect the successful applicant to be the leading author or a co-author on statistical or medical publications and to disseminate research findings at professional conferences. We seek candidates willing to commit to at least 2 years on this project. We encourage candidates bringing in their own novel research ideas.
• Recent doctoral degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or related fields
• Background on causal inference and survival analysis
• Experience with machine learning and high-dimensional statistics (desirable but not required)
• Strong statistical computing skill in R and SAS
• Excellent writing and communication skills
Prepare the following items in one PDF:
(1) Cover letter stating long-term career aims, interest in the project, and suitability for the position, specifically referring to the criteria listed above;
(2) Curriculum vitae;
(3) Two or three relevant publications or manuscripts; and
(4) Contact information for two or three potential references.
Application site is here.